- Full Time
HMH’s dynamic internal creative agency seeks a Lead Copywriter to oversee promotional writing efforts and develop engaging messaging for strategic campaigns across the K–12 education business.
The ideal candidate is a creative thinker and storyteller at heart, who is organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. He /she must demonstrate exemplary writing, editing and communications skills and be comfortable providing feedback and direction to copywriting team. Candidate must also be organized and capable of managing multiple project deadlines and have the flexibility to adjust pacing for projects that require swift turnaround.
- Develop compelling promotional content in support of K–12 campaigns based on a deep understanding of audience, customer need, message, business objective, market research, and product positioning.
- Generate and present fresh concepts and copy for collateral and promotional pieces across all media: print, digital, websites, landing pages, email, etc...
- Collaborate with internal clients and product marketing experts to assimilate input, translate direction into creative briefs and develop meaningful messaging that aligns with marketing goals.
- Help establish and own the HMH brand voice and ensure it is used consistently
- Proofread, edit and improve contributions of the copywriting team -- must be comfortable providing direction.
- Make recommendations about best practices for developing campaign messaging and assigning writers
- Coordinate regularly with account managers and internal design team
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, Marketing, or other related field
- 8+ years experience as a copywriter / editor with experience managing editorial initiatives
- Experience marketing B2B solutions (education publishing industry strongly preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills, with high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload
- Ability to work independently
- Solid understanding of graphic design, web development, interaction design and an appreciation of the relationships
- between textual, visual and functional elements
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Understanding of client management MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,.
- Knowledge of Workfront a plus
- Savvy with sharing technology such as WebEx, GoTo Meeting and Box
- Excellent proofreading and command of grammar
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Writing Portfolio Requested
Full-time, New York-based