U.S. News & World Report is seeking an experienced reporter to write news stories based upon data provided by U.S. News partners and other public sources. This full-time position requires solid news reporting, data analysis and research skills, and the ability to identify, sort and manipulate third-party data sets. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- 2+ years of professional news reporting and writing experience, preferably in an online news environment.
- Experience assembling and distilling data from multiple sources.
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills, as well as familiarity with spreadsheets and database tools.
- Interest in public policy in the fields of health, economics, education and governance.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple stories simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong understanding of SEO.
- Familiarity with content management systems, web production and social media.
- Experience with data visualization tools and software a plus.
- College degree or equivalent.
Applicants must provide three writing/editing clips in addition to a résumé and cover letter.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) plan.