Content Managing Editor
UBM is seeking a talented individual to join the Pharma/Science group in the role of content managing editor.
UBM organizes over 300 market-leading B2B events every year. At our events we create the environments which allow business to flourish. Our knowledge of the communities we serve, our ability to attract the right people and our skill at curating the physical space and creating memorable experiences bring thousands of like-minded people together. It is this shared experience and the opportunities to make human connections which allow businesses to grow.
Our events serve a tremendous variety of different industry sectors from furniture to fashion to pharma. In total we serve over 50 different communities.
There are over 3,750 people working at UBM. We operate in more than 20 countries. This global footprint allows us to help businesses to trade both domestically and internationally.
The managing editor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the editorial production of print issues of LCGC North America and Spectroscopy, including extensive coordination among internal team and external collaborators; editing scientific articles; coordinating editorial production schedules; writing feature articles and interviews; participating in social media; and generally ensuring the timely editorial production of print and digital publications.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to-day editorial production of print issues, including preparing edit lists, corresponding with contributors to ensure timely submission of articles, managing page counts and folios, coordinating with editors and designers to ensure all work is completed to meet deadlines, and communicating as needed with with sales team and publisher about editorial content.
- Edits peer-reviewed technical articles and other articles for clarity, technical accuracy, style, and grammar, and handles author corrections.
- Prepares and distributes schedules as needed for other editorial work, such as newsletter interviews, social media, and more.
- Writes occasional feature articles.
- Conducts regular interviews with leading scientists in the field.
- Participates in social media postings and scheduling.
- Oversees newsletter production of issue alerts, single-sponsored application note alerts, and conference show dailies.
- Hosts webcasts as needed to fill in for the editorial director.
- Represents the brands at conferences and trade shows as required.
- Posting articles on the website as needed.
- Manages documentation for freelance writers such as license agreements and exemption forms.
- Attends other internal mandatory meetings and trainings as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree in English, journalism, or a science field.
- Three-to-five years’ experience in a hybrid writing/editing and project management role
- Strong time-management and project-management skills.
- Strong editing, writing, and grammar skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with contributors, team members, and collaborators, both in person and remotely.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the publishing business.
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment with a high attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe, In Copy and content management systems preferred.
Why work for UBM?
As an employee of UBM you will have access to a positive company culture, a flexible and professional environment, UBM Employee Benefits and a commitment from us that we will invest in developing your talent.
UBM is committed to its policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Our employment practices are based on each person's skills, abilities and performance. We provide equal opportunity in employment to qualified individuals regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender identity, gender re-assignment, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. This commitment extends to all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, discipline and discharge. Any form of discrimination is in violation of this policy and will not be tolerated by the Company.
We invite you to be part of an organization that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business.
UBM is an E-Verify employer.