About Your Role:
As a Senior Manager, Creative Strategy, you’ll partner closely with the sales team and play an integral role in our business success. As a strategic lead in the pitch process, you understand our advertisers’ business goals, are able to digest and apply audience insights to business problems, and ultimately know the most effective Dotdash product solutions to help achieve those goals. You are comfortable with data-informed storytelling and recognize the importance of simplifying the message for ultimate impact. You believe a truly ‘big idea’ is one that delivers results for clients.
The ability to understand big-picture business needs and then translate them into achievable and measurable results, is critical to success in this role. This position reports into the Head of Creative Strategy.
About Your Contributions:
- Partner closely with Sales, Research, Account Strategy & Design to ensure proposals are delivered on time and clearly communicate our value proposition; provide support on sales calls, as needed
- Work closely with Digital Production to ensure alignment from ideation through execution
- Support Head of Creative Strategy with the pitch and proposal process; embrace change and iterate on current workflows to create efficiencies
- Use audience insights and past campaign performance to inform partnership strategies and recommendations
- Write proposal and pitch decks that bring seemingly turn-key ad product offerings to life and ensure tactics align with client’s marketplace objectives
- Possess a strong understanding of ad products offerings and fully understand production cost implications
- 4+ years relevant experience at a digital publisher, with a focus in pre-sales marketing, marketing research, or sales strategy; understanding of programmatic marketplace a plus
- You’re an excellent communicator, who remains poised under pressure and can tailor messages for different audiences
- You have an understanding of digital advertising standards, products, and trends
- You’re able to see the big picture and chart a path for success
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the fastest-growing publishers online, and its brands are the fastest-growing in their respective categories. Dotdash brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Lifewire, ThoughtCo, and TripSavvy.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.