Senior Sponsorship Manager
Title: Senior Sponsorship Manager
Program: Performing Arts
Supervisor: VP of Advancement & VP of Performing Arts
Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
BRIC is the leading presenter of free cultural programming in Brooklyn, and one of the largest in New York City. We present and incubate work by artists and media-makers who reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Some of BRIC’s most acclaimed programs include the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival in Prospect Park; path-breaking media initiatives, including the newly-renamed BRIC TV; and a renowned contemporary art exhibition series. BRIC also offers education and other vital programs at our main venue, BRIC Arts | Media House, and throughout Brooklyn. BRIC programs reach hundreds of thousands of people each year.
The BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival is NYC’s longest-running, free performance festival, and a beloved summer tradition featuring approximately 30 varied performances and attracting upwards of 200,000 people each summer to the Prospect Park Bandshell.
Purpose of Position:
Develop and manage robust BRIC-wide corporate sponsorship portfolio, to activate major assets such as the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival, the BRIC JazzFest, major art exhibitions, and other signature programming.
The ideal candidate is a sponsorship marketing professional with 7-10 years sponsorship sales experience in music and art preferred, a natural networker and has a demonstrated track record of generating revenue for rights holders and ROI for sponsors.
- Work in partnership with BRIC Senior Staff to research, prepare pitch materials, solicit, close deals and implement a variety of our largest corporate partnership assets including the BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival.
- Serve as Senior Account Manager within one of two BRIC sponsorship teams. Oversee the effective delivery of integrated BRIC services (including marketing, on-site activation, and custom media content) to partners in a portfolio of BRIC’s higher level sponsorships.
- Spearhead the creation and fulfillment of customized partnership activation plans for each corporate partner in that portfolio.
- Play a leadership role within BRIC’s sponsorship team, to set organization-wide corporate sponsorship revenue goals and sales strategies, assess and structure BRIC assets for sponsorship sales; including flagship events, smaller events/series, year-round sponsorships and BRIC TV video content; structure assets to maximize revenue, value to corporate partners, and create actionable partnership strategies.
- Facilitate standing BRIC sponsorship working group sessions.
- Co-supervise Sponsorship Associate: Marketing and Activation
- Supervise Seasonal Sponsorship Associate, to support BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival sponsorship activities.
- In collaboration with marketing counterpart and Sponsorship Associate, pitch, close and manage multiple radio, TV, print and digital media partnerships and provide timely insertion materials for BRIC promotions with each media partner in your portfolio (print ads, spot copy, video, etc.)
- Plan for and supervise the coordination of each partners' on-site promotions and logistics including deliveries, set-up, signage, sampling, contests, giveaways and special events.
- Facilitate each partners’ off-site promotions at retail and/or in the community.
- Lead the sponsorship team to track, measure, and ensure implementation of all deliverables within your sponsorship portfolio (including marketing, activation, and custom media content).
- Supervise the documentation of all corporate partnership activities in your portfolio with photographs, press, social media, activation tracking, collateral samples, etc
- Lead the team to create and deliver timely post-event reports to sponsors.
- Oversee the maintenance of Raiser’s Edge database system for tracking sponsorships, moves management strategies, gifts, histories and profiles.
- For each BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn Festival! or BRIC House event, provide sponsorship activity summaries and oversee the coordination of on-site activity with relevant senior, support, marketing and operations staff.
- Coordinate invitations and guest list names of corporate VIPs and contest winners for entrance into VIP areas, seats or events.
- Oversee the solicitation of in-kind product donations for backstage hospitality and volunteers events.
- Confer with marketing on creation and implementation of annual audience survey.
- Assist Marketing Manager for BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! Festival with related marketing initiatives.
- Assist Vice President of Performing Arts and BRIC Development Director to increase sources of support for other BRIC programs as required.
- As BRIC sponsorship staff grows, help train team members in proactive, professional, and sustainable sponsorship approaches, highlighting corporate sponsorship best practices and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Seven to ten years of corporate sponsorship sales experience for music, art, or media property (or similar position generating brand revenue at a high level), client and account management, and/or experiential marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, problem-solve, adhere to deadlines, and work as part of a team.
- Interest, knowledge, and background in music and performing arts.
Salary and Schedule
- This is a full-time salaried position with a full benefits package. Annual salary $70,000.00.
- Monday – Friday, 40 hours/week. Weekend work will be required, with a Tuesday – Saturday schedule in June, July, and August. Must be available to work all summer performances annually, including weekend nights (primarily Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights). 30 concerts.
Somewhat flexible schedule outside of above constraints based on sponsorship activations schedule.
How to Apply
Email with subject line: Senior Sponsorship Manager. Please write a brief cover letter in the body of the email and attach resume. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BRIC is an equal opportunity employer.