Marketing and Communications Manager
- Full Time
Central Synagogue is a thriving reform congregation in midtown Manhattan, serving 2,400 families and the larger community. We work tirelessly toward a world in which Judaism is central to the lives of Jews everywhere and is a profound and positive force for humanity. We are relentless in our pursuit of that goal, constantly evolving to reach far beyond the walls of our synagogue to learn, worship, serve and continually redefine what it means to be Jewish today. For more information about our visions visit www.centralsynagogue.org.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for increasing awareness of, driving traffic to, and adding value to Central Synagogue and its offerings by translating program goals into effective marketing communications. Using data, he/she will evaluate opportunities to improve our communications strategy to increase readership and participation in our synagogue. The position will oversee marketing of the following areas: Adult Education including: Core Groups, 20s & 30s, Social Action/Community Organizing, Center for Exploring Judaism, Israel; Membership; and High Holy Days.
- Develops program marketing strategy, tactical plan, and timelines for assigned areas in close collaboration with respective program directors
- Oversees development of print and electronic marketing materials – including mailings, posters, handouts, print and online advertising designed to increase awareness of and drive traffic to Central Synagogue and its programs, both within and outside the facility
- Manages projects and logistics in collaboration with design, advertising, print outlets and vendors, including Jewish media outlets, ad platforms, listings, sponsorships, etc.
- Helps to creatively adapt and grow an established, brand and its voice in an effort to reach engaged and existing congregants in new, exciting ways
- Identifies new opportunities for telling member’s and congregational stories, and positioning clergy as community influencers and thought leaders
- Manages budgets and closely track expenditures on accounts
- Creates and execute email marketing for assigned areas
- Oversees web content and social media channels for program areas
- Tracks and analyzes promotions and effectiveness of tactics via Google Analytics
- Tests new marketing concepts; identifies and institutes additional plans as needed
- Markets special events and works with partner organizations
· Other communications projects and duties as needed including providing backup support to other members of the communication team as required including weekly programming email to congregants (Central Weekly), monthly internal email to staff (Team Update), internal resource guide for staff (The Playbook), ongoing social media work and website development
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Five to seven years' experience specifically in marketing/communications account management in an in-house and/or agency environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including the ability to write marketing copy creatively and effectively under deadline
- Creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning messaging and design sensibility
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from campaign results, set (and reset) priorities, and multi-task effectively and independently in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
- Knowledge of and comfort with advanced marketing technologies, including digital
- Passion for and knowledge of: Jewish Life, and Israel; New York City Jewish Community
- Sense of humor essential
Full-time, FLSA classification (Exempt and not eligible for OT).
Monday through Thursday 9:00am-5:30pm, Friday 9:00 – 4:30pm, or equivalent.
Must be available during the High Holy Days (4 to 6 days) and during other special events and programs from time to time. Central Synagogue has a generous time-off policy including earned comp time.