Sports Anchor / VJ
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
The Sports Anchor/ Video Journalist is responsible for reporting weekend sports and during week days. This position will report to the News Director, Executive Producer, Producers and Assignment Desk.
• Energetic Sports Anchor/ Video Journalist with professional manner
• Knowledge of local, regional, and major sports team
• The ability to ad-lib and improve and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations
• Sharp and work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal. A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential
• Produce daily content on a variety of platforms: internet and social media
• Work directly with E.P. and News Producer on story development
• Represent Telemundo in community events
• At least 2 years’ experience as Sports Anchor/ Video Journalist
• Shooting and Editing Skills with various editing software including Edius
• BA or BS in Journalism, Communications
• Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills
• Enterprise reporting skills preferred. Strong live reporting skills are necessary. .
• Must be able to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Ability to work long hours, when necessary
• Eligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in San Antonio area
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write)
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
• Sports news judgment with solid ethical decision process
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking
• High competitive nature
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
• Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking new with Live Cut-ins
• Able to “ad-lib” effortlessly in various types of situations
• Creative with unique story ideas for development
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Telemundo Network Group LLC is a U.S. Spanish-language television network committed to broadcast unique and outstanding national and local entertainment, news and sports programming to the fast-growing U.S. Hispanic audience. Telemundo targets this growing and vibrant audience by delivering the best in Latino entertainment. The network's schedule features a wide range of original programming, including novelas, talk shows, original sitcoms, sports and news, children's programming, blockbuster movies, reality, entertainment and music programs. Telemundo Communications Group, Inc. is an operating subsidiary of NBC Universal, the nation's leading broadcast network and film. NBC Universal is an equal opportunity employer.