Location: El Paso, Texas
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• Participates and coordinates all parts of the creation of a TV spot from inception to broadcast.
• Includes pre-production and planning meeting with account sales executives and clients; script writing, professional voice over and selection of music bed.
• Operating of all portable video (field cameras) and audio equipment.
• Transports and sets up all required lighting and audio equipment including lavaliers, wireless receivers, handheld and shotgun microphones.
• Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
• Assist with costumes, props, music, or other additional equipment or personnel needed to complete the production.
• In post-production selects footage, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, edits, add graphics, voice over, music bed and include sound effects to create the final product utilizing Adobe Premiere Pro editing software, along with other Abode CC software (After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, etc.)
• Compresses video projects for output; makes video copies for clients and broadcast.
• Responsible for the quality of each commercial produced.
• Quality control can involve several duties, such as verifying accurate information and placing legal disclaimers into advertisement spots if required.
• Producer must also verify that commercials meet certain legal and broadcasting standards.
• Reviews productions to ensure objectives are attained according to client requirements and insures production is ready for air prior to start date.
• Perform all other tasks necessary to carry out the foregoing functions and any other functions consistent with, or reasonably inferable from, the foregoing.
• Participate at station promotional events as necessary.
• Perform some maintenance on production vehicle such as checking oil, tire pressure, etc.
• Familiarizes various station personnel with all production and use of audio/video equipment as necessary.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity and ability to work with audio and video equipment required.
• Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, business correspondence, memos and employee handbook in English.
• Ability to write creative scripts that communicates clients’ message(s) effectively.
• Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice.
• Ability to write creative scripts that communicates clients’ message effectively.
• Should have ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
• Must have clean driving history.
• Must provide proof of current Texas driver’s license, vehicle insurance and registration as requested.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Technical commercial editing experience preferred.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.