Digital Media Associate
- Full Time
Digital Media Associate
Reports to: Director, Digital Communications
Staff reporting to this position: None
Department: CAP Action War Room
Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Digital Media Associate to design and produce digital and video content for all platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and YouTube. This position works under the Vice President of Communications for the War Room to use Center for American Progress Action Fund platforms to drive progressive conversations, inform and educate the public on progressive issues, and grow the organization’s online audience. Social media experience, strong news sensibilities, familiarity with digital and video tools, and attention to detail are musts.
- Work with War Room campaign managers and policy teams to determine the digital scope of different projects.
- Mix media and software to create images, videos, and animations that sharply and effectively deliver the message of a campaign.
- Translate complex ideas into easily digestible and socially shareable messages using graphics and video.
- Develop suites of branding standards for digital projects—this includes websites, social media campaigns and everything in between.
- Collaborate with web developers to build user-friendly, mobile-first microsites.
- Conceptually and creatively visualize news content.
- Produce shareable videos for web using a combination of clips, original footage, and animation.
- Swiftly produce aesthetically appealing and error-free work.
- Maintain and develop strategies for growing the organization’s YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of professional experience working in digital media with a focus on graphics and video.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple pieces for different stakeholders in a given day.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- A positive attitude and an aptitude for developing new skills as needed.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file, upload the file, and complete the application through the link below. Please include a link to a portfolio of videos and creatives graphics tailored for social media.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.