Digital Editorial Assistant - Freelance
Digital Assistant -- Freelance
New Hope Media, an independent consumer magazine publisher located in Midtown, is seeking a polished and productive editorial freelancer to perform digital publishing and SEO work for its high traffic websites in the health and parenting field.
Commitment: 20 to 35 hours a week for three months. Strong possibility of full time employment at end of three month stint.
- Publish web articles, slideshows, blog posts in WordPress CMS
- Conduct SEO research using NHM’s best practices and tools, including SEO Moz
- Implement new SEO in article meta titles and descriptions, as well as image alt text
- Write captivating, clickable H1 headlines and H2 decks
- Select images suitable to brand image
- Write image alt text based on keyword research
A strong candidate will have the following:
- Impeccable writing and editing skills; must be able to say in 10 words what others would say in 20!
- Ability to learn and make practical applications quickly
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS and SEO principles
- Experience with photo research for web publishing
- Experience in health and/or parenting media and publishing
- A strong work ethic and top-notch productivity
Please visit ADDitudemag.com and AdoptiveFamilies.com to preview our websites.
Please send cover letter, CV, and writing samples to Susan Caughman. No phone calls please