Social Media Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Content and Communication, the Social Media Manager works with the university’s Marketing and Communication team to identify major PR, media, and partnership opportunities and develop social media campaigns to support approved initiatives. The individual manages all social media operations and directs staff in promoting content that engages targeted audiences. This individual also oversees the development and ongoing analysis of a strategic social media framework that engages key stakeholders, highlights the university’s impact on the communities it serves, and aligns with the university’s mission.
• Develop and execute innovative social media strategies and expand social engagement opportunities.
• Direct social media contributors across the university to execute effective campaigns developed to align with a broader communications strategy.
• Collaborate with team members across departments to develop innovative ways to create social content and programs that provide users with a seamless experience.
• Define metrics to measure success and determine key performance indicators (KPI) related to audience development and brand awareness.
• Ensure content is optimized across all channels to maximize growth and awareness while highlighting community impact.
• Lead the development of scalable and repeatable processes for all aspects of social media operations, from multichannel strategy development to content mapping to ongoing execution, reporting and optimization.
• Ensure a seamless, on-brand experience on all social media channels.
• Monitor the social media landscape, incorporating best practices and technologies into ongoing processes.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or a related field.
5-7 years’ experience building and engaging social audiences on multiple platforms.
1+ years’ experience developing social media strategies and execution plans, including testing and KPI development.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in communications, marketing, or a related field.
• 5-7 years experience building and engaging social audiences on multiple platforms.
• 1+ years experience developing social media strategies and execution plans, including testing and KPI development.
• Ability to develop social media strategies to meet organizational goals and direct creation and promotion of content that aligns with strategy.
• Exceptional project-management skills.
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to work across multiple departments.
• Proven success in the creation and implementation of social media content for large, complex audiences.
• Detail-oriented, with strong written and oral presentation skills.
• Proficient with common social media publishing tools, such as Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and CoSchedule.