Short-Form Digital Media Freelance Producers
TPT is one of America’s leading public media organizations. For more than 60 years it has distinguished itself by both excelling in serving its local community as well as having a strong presence on the national stage of public media. Today, it is considered a leader in innovating how to extend the impact of public media on to new digital platforms. It is consistently among the most highly-viewed PBS stations in America; produces major primetime and children’s series for the PBS system; serves its local community through arts, cultural, public affairs and history programs; and is the preferred media partner to hundreds of Minnesota non-profit organizations who co-produce content with TPT each year.
TPT is contracting with Short-form Digital Media Freelance Producers to write, produce, edit and collaborate on short-form (less than 10 minutes) content for our digital, online platforms in a fast-paced timeline. All freelancers will be required to use their own equipment and will called on an as needed basis. Freelancers need to be able to:
- Successfully partner with TPT digital staff to write, produce, edit and collaborate on short-form digital, online content that can be turned around in a fast-paced timeline.
- The ability to tell stories in creative ways using high-quality video, graphics and.
- Conceptualize and develop content approaches and storylines, in collaboration with TPT staff.
- Research and source content assets inclusive of audio, video, and photo for use in short-form content.
- Have own equipment to produce and edit online short-form videos and potentially short-form promotional materials that adhere to TPT requirements and standards.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 2-6 years as a short-form digital producer, videographer and editor in a professional environment.
- Proficient and solid understanding of online digital work, and ability to work with compression formats for online use.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
- Ability to meet deadlines and calmly identify issues and solutions.
- Strong storytelling skills for an online audience.
- Able to drive a quality project from start to completion.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.