Financial Communications, Media Relations & Social Media Specialist
The Lowe Group has two opportunities at either an Associate (entry level) or Specialist level to assist Client Leads in a financial services consulting / agency environment. Both positions provide a rare opportunity to learn and grow in a small firm while on a career track toward client leadership. The new hires will work alongside senior-level financial communications professionals who will provide coaching and mentorship. A consultant mentality—with a hunger to learn and to expertly serve financial services clients—is a must.
The Lowe Group provides communications and marketing services to asset managers and other financial services firms. We specialize in public relations, content development and social media strategies to help financial firms create greater awareness of their products and services. We are a small team with a robust client base of well-regarded companies across the country. Learn more at www.lowecom.com.
As consulting roles, these positions represent an opportunity to deepen your current skills and expand into new ones. Each role will include all of the following to a greater or lesser degree:
Media outreach – Distribute news releases to relevant contacts. Conduct media outreach on clients’ behalf; assist with media pitches to online, print and broadcast media.
Media list building/research – Identify media contacts relevant to each client’s audience; complete research on journalists and media outlets as required.
News release writing – Assist with the creation of news releases.
Financial writing—both complex financial topics and personal finance – Assist with the creation of client content. Provide research to assist in the crafting of content. Create first drafts of various materials including blogs, articles, investment or personal finance related commentary or thought leadership.
Writing website and other marketing content – Assist Client Leads in creating and posting content to client websites. Help create landing pages on key topics of interest to clients.
Social media – Assist with the creation of social media outreach plans for clients; monitor and assess social media outcomes and provide further recommendations for clients’ social media strategies. Write first draft of social media content on behalf of clients.
Website and social media audits – Perform social media and website audits as needed. Use Google Analytics and other tools to analyze website visits/activity.
Client support – Assist Client Leads with project planning, agenda creation, reporting and other areas as needed. Monitor the news and identify important opportunities and challenges relevant to clients. Perform competitive research.
Marketing materials and strategy support – Assist with marketing materials development and updates.
Basic design/layout – While this is not a design-focused position, opportunities arise to apply creativity to both message development and its delivery in materials.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Financial services experience and/or finance/economics-related academic background
- Bachelor’s degree—minimum GPA 3.2. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex information in writing projects
- Familiarity with social media platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter
- Proficiency using Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail
- The ability to independently prioritize tasks depending on deadlines and client needs
- The ability to learn and use online productivity and collaboration tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills
THE LOWE GROUP WILL PROVIDE
- Opportunity for growth and building your skills
- Convenient location – just 5 minutes from downtown Wauwatosa and 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee
- Work-life balance
- Several company-sponsored events each year
- Great work environment with a strong team emphasis and one-on-one mentoring
- Full benefits package including medical coverage, retirement savings plan, paid time off and more
Apply for Financial Communications, Media Relations & Social Media Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly