- Full Time
The Account Director is expected to bring media expertise to the agency, sign and maintain new business and expand capabilities on existing accounts. This exceptional individual must also independently manage their internal teams, continuing to develop and mentor staff as well as a substantial client load. Individuals must have the ability to generate client expansion and the mindset to create synergistic opportunities for the company.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Serve in an overall leadership capacity for internal teams and departmentally
- Sign and maintain new business as well as grow existing business as applicable
- Mentor senior account executives, account executives, associate account executives, account coordinators and assistants
- Manage in an educational, constructive, and positive manner which creates an environment of trustworthiness and personal growth at the company
- Create and maintain high performance teams
- Build strategic alliances and relationships within the industry at large
- Identify internal and external talent for future growth opportunities
Desired Skills & Experience will include:
- 7-10 years of experience (at least 3 years at the SAE or Account Supervisor level) in Public Relations (preferably at an agency or a combination of both agency and in-house) with strong knowledge of the consumer and lifestyle marketplace.
- Strong media relationships (across multiple disciplines preferred, ideally both entertainment and consumer)
- Excellent understanding of PR strategies, tactics and experience working with internal cross-discipline teams in a positively collaborative fashion highly desired.
- Strong communication and leadership/supervisory skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing and developing teams