Yardi Systems' dynamic digital media group, covering national and global commercial real estate, seeks a forward-thinking Senior Editor for the New York content team. Reporting to the editorial director, this position will write, edit and contribute cutting-edge ideas relating to strategy and digital content delivery for CPE and MHN.
• Edit CPE and MHN trend stories, news and features.
• Develop and edit thought leadership articles.
• Manage assigned newsletters, including assigning, editing and compiling content.
• Develop, report and write features and trend stories for CPE and MHN products each month; may also write news, blog posts, etc., as needed.
• Copyedit Matrix research reports, bulletins, etc.
• Manage other assigned projects (including regular research projects such as sentiment surveys, webinars, etc.).
• Generate and develop ideas, leads and sources for stories and products.
• Travel to events to represent CPE and MHN, including networking; covering the events through tweets, written stories, video and audio interviews for Web sites; scheduling meetings with key individuals; conducting roundtables or audio/podcasts as needed; meeting with local executives as available.
• B.A. or B.S. in English, Journalism, Communications or similar degree
• 4 years minimum of professional experience reporting, writing or editing for a trade or consumer website, newspaper or magazine, or equivalent experience
• Detail oriented, with a good eye for errors and red flags and the initiative to question them
• Deadline oriented; able to manage projects independently
• Knowledge of business/finance and real estate preferred
• Professional demeanor, good communications skills and customer service oriented
• Must be able to travel
• Regular attendance and a regular work schedule is an essential function of this job
Yardi Systems is a successful independent software company with a proven history of growth and market leadership in the multi-billion dollar global commercial real estate industry. We employ talented, motivated and innovative people that are focused on delivering superior solutions to our clients and are passionate about working with other highly skilled professionals in team environments.
If you are seeking an opportunity to join a winning team, work with the latest Microsoft technologies and develop your career, then Yardi Systems is the place for you. We have a pleasant and casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun.