Investigative Reporter, NBC News
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Research, develop, write, edit and produce ground breaking investigative news stories, and present in a fair, accurate and unbiased mannerGenerate long and short-term investigative story ideas, research and set up the content and interviews Develop and cultivate a wide network of sourcesGenerate original story ideas and develop fresh angles and enterprise pieces for the big stories of the day
This is an exciting opportunity to report on national security and global affairs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling and live reporting skills
• Past experience doing investigative reporting
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC and/or New York, NY
• Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.