Associate Producer, CNN Espanol Atlanta
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
Associate Producer for CNN en Español is an integral part of the production team, as they work closely with the key show producers and CNNE Digital team in creating and generating cross platform content, putting together shows by helping producers execute them from beginning to end.
What will you be doing?
The AP will be a vital source in communicating cross platform needs and insuring all elements are prepared properly for air and that all system records include accurate details.
- Assist producers with their editorial needs, including curating of stories in line with the tone and theme for the show team with which they partner. Find and drive story ideas, and assist producers in the vetting process. Coordinate closely with media supervisors at Media Operations, the international, national and affiliates desks to gather relevant video, sound and packages, and any other relevant content. Produce live shots, coordinate logistics with correspondents, field producers, bureaus, digital and freelancers/contributors.
- S/he will research and analyze video, images and text to assist producers in telling the story accordingly with accurate facts and images. The AP logs interviews and b/roll and selects relevant content for cross platform use. S/he may write scripts and will create daily show highlights to distribute for cross platform usage.
- The AP has the ability to perform desktop and non-craft editing. S/he works closely with graphic artists and the Image + Sound (editing) department to order, gather and produce graphic elements and other material to enhance stories and cross platform content.
- S/he assists supervisors and producers in the control room with daily show production and live/breaking news coverage.
- This role does not have on-air responsibilities
What do we need from you?
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Two years as an Associate Producer, Writer/Producer or Producer in local news, cable or at the network level.
- Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations.
- Ability to make timely decisions in the absence of direct supervision and handle matters professionally in changing and challenging situations and react quickly under duress.
- Effective written and oral communication skills. This includes the ability to analyze and communicate editorial details as it specifically applies to content.
- Attention to detail and ability to work well under deadline pressure. Knowledge of how newscasts are put together and what is required to get video on the air.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Non-linear editing skills with software such as FCP, Adobe Creative Suite; Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial; Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential.
- Able to solve problems and learn new technology quickly. Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed.
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts.
- Bachelor's Degree (typically in liberal arts, journalism, English, political science) or equivalent job experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.