Digital Engagement Manager
The Digital Engagement Manager is responsible for driving digital subscription volume and revenue through multiple channels, including the use of onsite messaging executed through a dynamic paywall, email acquisition and marketing, newsletter conversions, social media, and search campaigns. This position requires a thorough understanding of all phases of the digital consumer lifecycle including lead generation, conversion, and retention, and will work cross-functionally with the Consumer Marketing, Analytics, and Content teams to execute campaigns that improve the customer lifetime value and deepen brand affinity. A successful Manager will broaden their skill set, continually take on new projects, and have opportunities to grow their career at Newsday, while educating colleagues on best practices in disciplines such as email marketing, social media marketing, and online lead generation.
- The successful candidate will have a keen eye for project details, understand cross functional dependencies, and will facilitate between internal groups to bring projects to fruition on tight deadlines. The Digital Engagement Manager will own the digital marketing campaign planning and execution calendar, coordinate the development of marketing assets, and analyze campaign performance, for new and existing subscribers.
- You will partner closely with colleagues in Creative, Analytics, Customer Care, Product Development, and third party vendors to optimize existing programs and launch new initiatives. You excel at relationship building and clearly communicating to all parties.
- This role will require the tracking of marketing campaign performance and trends. Identify and analyze positive trends to be exploited to maximize revenue and engagement.
- Identify and analyze anomalies that impact success of campaign. Escalate as needed and work with partners to resolve any discrepancies identified.
- The Digital Engagement Manager will also ensure continued innovation by coordinating optimization of existing campaigns with internal and third party vendors to boost performance and drive more meaningful outcomes.
- A four-year college degree with at least 5 years’ experience in digital marketing and/or related fields Extensive knowledge of digital marketing acquisition and engagement techniques utilizing platforms such as dynamic paywalls and content metering, email, search, push notification, browser alerts, social media
- Stay abreast of marketing technology developments and be a resource for the company in this area
- Assist with end-to-end email production including management of email calendar, copywriting, scheduling, and approval
- Experience using a major email marketing platform (Sailthru, ExactTarget, MailChimp, Cheetah Mail, etc.)
- Ability to work cross functionally with the product development and analytics teams to develop content based engagement and acquisition strategies and tactics based on user consumption
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and email marketing best practices Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once, with exceptional attention to detail Ability to conduct quantitative analysis, interpret and organize data and identify key insights.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to accurately and concisely share ideas, objectives and results with key stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and making colleagues successful throughout the company Enthusiasm for learning — and for receiving, sharing and acting on regular feedback Passion for Newsday and the news media industry
Newsday Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.