Corporate Communications Specialist
- Full Time
Title: Corporate Communications Specialist
Department: Corporate Communications
Supervisor: Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position plays a critical role helping to power IAC’s in-house corporate communications engine and shapes communication both at IAC – a leading media and Internet company – and its portfolio of well-known consumer brands. This is a fast-paced work environment that allows for access to executives and department leadership, while also providing the opportunity to hone key skills such as analytical and strategic thinking, writing abilities and media relations.
- Support department leaders in the development and execution of smart PR strategies for both IAC and its brands.
- Play a key role in building and supporting PR strategy around IAC’s quarterly earnings.
- Build, research, and maintain media contact database and serve as central point for communications materials.
- Help develop briefs, key messages, Q&A, presentations, and conference materials for key IAC executives.
- Help develop external PR collateral including press releases, fact sheets, and company backgrounders.
- Maintain conference calendar, identify key targets and opportunities, and coordinate key cross-company conferences.
- Maintain IAC corporate website and assets (logos, executive bios, etc.).
- Manage IAC’s social media presence and strategy.
- Media monitoring lead: monitor publications and websites (including social media) to ensure accuracy and to identify trends that can inform ongoing media relations strategy.
- Produce and distribute IAC’s Morning News newsletters each day.
- Produce daily tracking newsletters for IAC’s Chairman.
- Compile media coverage reports for IAC’s executive team following key announcements.
- Maintain IAC Connect (IAC’s intranet) by writing content, making cross-company updates, designing an editorial calendar.
- Support department operations including budget and vendor management.
- Manage and update IAC’s digital assets.
- A bachelor’s degree and/or a master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field with a minimum of 1-2 years of comparable experience in communications, preferably in a PR agency, or corporate environment.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Strict attention to detail is a must.
- Strong computer skills, including Photoshop.
- Superior written, verbal, and media skills. Must have an editorial/critical eye.
- Good analytical skills. Many tasks require quantitative accuracy and thoroughness.
- Initiative and curiosity. Our dynamic environment requires team players with high levels of energy and desire to succeed.
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.