- Full Time
We’re currently looking for an Editor-in-chief for our Boutique Design magazine. The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic vision and leadership for Boutique Design magazine, its website and its related initiatives. A leading connector for the hospitality design community, Boutique Design’s brand includes an award-winning 10x per year print magazine, dedicated website with a digital edition, social media and two of the industry’s fastest growing trade fairs, Boutique Design New York (BDNY) and Boutique Design West (BDwest).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead our editorial team, develop content strategies for 10x/year print magazine, website, e-media platform and other content-driven brand extensions
- Create new initiatives for and uphold standards of excellence for all editorial content across all platforms
- Maintain a high degree of visibility in the hospitality design industry (travel required)
- Take ownership of the brand and expand its connectivity with in-person, internet and social media events as well as conference sessions at BDNY and BDwest
- Build expertise and expand contacts throughout all sectors of the hospitality design industry
- Engage designers, owners, operators, developers, architects and purchasing agents in expanding Boutique Design’s leadership across all platforms
- Mentor a talented staff
- Guide Boutique Design’s editorial process, including overseeing the print publication from story planning to assignments, proofing and closing each issue; creating and overseeing the schedule for the website; overseeing and guiding the social media strategy
- Plan the editorial calendars for the print edition, website and social media with input from the editorial team
- Create new opportunities to engage with our industry
- Bachelor’s degree in communications
- Minimum seven years of print and online journalism experience including prior magazine and management experience (required)
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are a must as responsibilities include moderating conference panels, speaking at industry events and hosting industry roundtables
- Strong preference for candidates with extensive experience leading multimedia content development
- Strong conference content programming experience preferred, as well as experience in developing industry awards programs
- Background in hospitality design or affiliated field helpful but not mandatory
We offer an excellent benefit package which includes paid personal and vacation days; flexible scheduling options; medical, vision and dental insurance; and company-paid life, short/long term disability, and AD&D insurance.
Submit cover letter, resume, compensation expectation and at least three feature clips.