We’re looking for an engaging writer who has a gift for putting pen to paper to bring words alive. You should have a positive can-do attitude, be a grammatical all-star and live and breathe all things fashion, beauty, entrepreneurs, and lifestyle. The successful candidate will be responsible for writing 10 blogs per week, regardless of holidays. Occasional work with influencers to build the audience and engage with fans will be required. Candidates should have proven published experience in fashion and lifestyle writing, and strong knowledge of SEO principles.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume along with a minimum of 3 links to published articles you’ve written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies innovative and trending topics to write about in the fashion, beauty, entrepreneurial and lifestyle sectors.
- Identifies new opportunities for blog activities to maintain competitive edge.
- Analyzes content to update marketing advantages and ensure consistency.
- Creates blog strategy and plans around editorial calendar
- Collaborates with senior blogger and brand manager to determine content topics and priorities i.e. creating blog content relevant to trending SEO keywords, breaking news, and hashtags
- Remains abreast of industry standards and best practices.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- You must be organized and have a strong work ethic
- Performs other duties as needed.
Primary Contacts (outside dept.)
- Marketing, Creative Services, IT, Legal, Product Management.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, English or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a proven track record of writing engaging content
- Or combination of equivalent experience, education, and training.
- Proficient use of MS Office products
- High levels of English reading comprehension, writing, and speaking; active listening; critical thinking;
- Monitoring; persuasion; analysis; and originality
- Intermittently lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Continuously see, sit, grasp, and have balance.
- Continuously have repetitive use of arms, hands, fingers, and wrists.