Education Project Manager, Teach Youth Radio
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about education, unafraid of jumping on the phone with strangers, and energized when it comes to building an engaging and inclusive education brand. This part time (75% FTE) position is a hybrid of educational producer and project manager. We want you to feel ownership over all aspects of TYR -- from delivering on existing commitments, to coming up with new content/product ideas, to scanning the market for new opportunities.
Education Producer Duties include:
- Develop TYR content -- including webinars, toolkits, workshops, community events -- and get stakeholders in the education, media, and business worlds excited about these offerings
- Analyze market opportunity for Teach Youth Radio offerings and conceive of projects and campaigns that meet partner needs
- Match opportunities with Youth Radio’s existing learning resources and capacities
- Work with freelance and in-house producers to develop media-rich learning resources to the highest aesthetic, educational, and user-experience standards
Project Management Duties include:
- Plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of grant deliverables that support TYR
- Coordinate internal resources, partners and vendors for TYR products
- Develop project scope and objectives to ensure technical feasibility
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget
- Develop clear, realistic plans for implementation of new projects including staffing, development cycles, and metrics
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3 years working in media and/or learning organizations
- At least 3 years of project management experience with proven track record
- Deep knowledge of best practices in digital learning and youth-centered education
- Experience tracking and reporting activity, including reporting to national funders
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Enthusiastic ability to acquire partners and customers via existing product lines and new concepts
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience with event planning (webinars, digital engagements, live events that offer training opportunities for both youth and educators)
- Experience developing and distributing digital learning tools to drive loyalty and community growth
About Youth Radio
Headquartered in Oakland, CA, Youth Radio is a one-of-a-kind, youth-driven media production company that engages audiences in the tens of millions. YR is the winner of multiple journalism honors including the Peabody, Columbia-Dupont, Kennedy, Murrow, and White House Awards.
We are at a pivotal point in the organization’s life as we enter an exciting phase of growth and expansion as a national network. As we grow, we seek exceptional talent with an entrepreneurial spirit. We hire smart, passionate people who connect with our values and seek a collaborative environment where employees can do their best work. We seek people who are hard-working, creative, fun, and driven to go above and beyond to take our organization to the next level.
Teach Youth Radio (TYR) is both the training arm of Youth Radio’s National Network (where contributors from across the country create dynamic news, arts, and culture content) and a producer of learning resources that spread our model and generate revenue for the organization.
Youth Radio is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Youth Radio complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has employees.
Apply for Education Project Manager, Teach Youth Radio
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly