Freelance Maintenance Engineer
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the integrity of all WPIX technical and broadcast systems including media servers, routing systems, file distribution systems, Transmitter / RF systems, Live Trucks, non-linear editing systems, audio video distribution, Master Control and Production switchers, Encoding systems, audio systems, communication systems, Cameras (Studio and ENG), test and monitoring systems. Create and maintain system documentation.Responsibilities
- Maintenance of all technical facilities including complex broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets in the Broadcast Engineering environment
- Ability to rapidly diagnose problems, and provide alternative solutions if needed to maintain production and on Air deadlines
- Ability to comprehend complex concepts and workflows
- Participate and contribute to the design, development and deployment of broadcast production equipment systems as well as computer and data network assets within the Broadcast environment
- Participate and contribute to the training and ongoing education of Operations staff in the operation of equipment and systems
- Meticulously adhere to regularly scheduled preventative maintenance routine for all systems. Ensure parts and supplies are available so that equipment repairs are made as soon as possible
- Work with system vendors and technology partners to install and configure equipment and software, solve system problems and implement solutions and upgrades
- Responsible for overseeing routine maintenance, annual inspections and audits of all physical, plant & building systems
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment for installation/maintenance when required
- The ideal candidate should have experience in broadcast system engineering as well as have experience working in live broadcast environments.
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science or have demonstrable equivalent experience. The candidate should have notable experience related to broadcast systems design and integration.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Windows and MAC operating systems preferred. Software coding, specifically XML and HTML experience highly desirable.
- Must be a television system problem-solver and troubleshooter for live events and broadcasts.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.