- Full Time
WPIX has an opening for a Multimedia Journalist.Responsibilities
- Find enterprising and local news stories.
- Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community.
- Develop Story ideas and pitch unique stories that will get results and drive ratings.
- Cover breaking news and developing stories, presents those stories on live television in an energetic, conversational and creative style.
- Front stories live in the field or in the Newsroom.
- Post and promote stories to our website and all digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.