- Full Time
The multi-media journalist needs to do it all; report, shoot, edit and push content online. This position will normally work by themselves to gather content for packages and other stories for both on-air and online.Responsibilities
- Write and package breaking news stories and general news stories for TV as well as the online and mobile community.
- Produce visual journalism, including photos and video, to use in packages and stories for both on-air and online to help supplement the work of full-time video journalists on staff.
- Constantly update your story online whether it is breaking or a general news story with unique web only content and interviews.
- Understand basic internet search engine optimization practices and utilize them when researching and writing stories and online content.
- Contribute to FOX 43's growth by using social media to converse with viewers and gather ideas and content online.
- Work with media and content managers as well as the art department to generate unique story ideas, photographs and graphics for stories.
Minimum one year reporting experience required. Must have excellent communication skills, a strong work ethic, must take initiative and possess great news judgement. Ability to write accurately under pressure in a contemporary, compelling and conversational style using a blackberry, laptop or cell phone text messaging system. Should be well versed and have hands-on experience with social media sites and networks like Facebook and Twitter. Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field is a must.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.