IT Engineering Technical Support
POSITION: IT Specialist / Engineering
REPORTS TO: Broadcast IT Manager
ROLE: The Information Technology / Engineer position is directly responsible for daily desktop PC and Mac support, administering and maintaining PBX telephone system, network infrastructure, and all on air hardware and software.Responsibilities
- Daily Desktop Support of hardware and applications
- Maintain Telephone PBX system (Allworx)
- Maintain users and groups within Active Directory
- Maintain and support network infrastructure (cabling and hardware replacement)
- Maintain on air computer systems
- Assist newsroom and Audio when requested
- Install new broadcast gear & network equipment in racks and workstations. Run and terminate network, video, RF and control cabling as necessary
- Assist in day-to-day broadcast operations as necessary to troubleshoot news editing and producing gear, align satellite and microwave feeds, and perform repairs on damaged equipment.
- Assist transmitter engineer on maintenance of high-power transmitters as necessary. Understand FCC regulations and help station operators keep KSTU in compliance thereof.
- Position requires performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Information Technology or Engineering is a plus
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Solid understanding of current Windows operating systems.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP
- Solid understanding of Apple devices and Mac operating system
- Good customer skills are a must as individual will work closely with various departments and their needs.
Company InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.