Analyze data, prepare weather graphics and present weathercasts – primarily during main newscasts.Responsibilities
- Present weathercast on PIX11 news.
- Make all decisions with weather warning notifications. Must work with news management on decisions to cut into programming and notify viewers of potential threats including tornado and hurricane warnings. Must be aware of FCC compliance on warnings and notifications.
- Write daily weather column for newspaper partners and multiple websites.
- Deliver weather forecasts for radio partners, as needed.
- Prepare and deliver weather and science-related stories.
- Maintain weather computers.
- Analyze weather data from Weather data provider, NWS and internet.
- Prepare weather graphics for on-air, web and mobile use.
- Originate and deliver accurate forecasts in a pleasant, easy to understand and passionate way.
- Work with newscast producers on weather coverage.
- Speak to various community groups and schools as a station representative.
- Engage in social media – including Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Meteorology or Earth science preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years experience as on-air meteorologist
- AMS and/or NWA Seal of Approval strongly preferred
- Must be personable and accurate in weathercast presentation
- Must be capable of writing easily understood newspaper weather column
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have good attitude and be a team player
- Must have strong leadership skills and act as newsroom leader
#TBMBCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.