WPMT-TV in York, PA is looking for a Producer who can develop, coordinate & organize local & network news coverage into a visual and fast paced daily newscast. This includes formatting newscasts, scripting stories, ordering or building graphics for stories, reviewing and approving reporter scripts, coordinating live coverage in addition to other duties. Line produce the newscast, with the ability to add breaking news coverage when necessary.Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate & organize news coverage into daily newscast
- Format newscasts and execute on-air production
- Write News stories for newscasts
- Review & approve production & writing of reporter stories.
- Coordinate and direct live field reports.
- Participate in long term planning for news coverage and special projects.
- Organize and write stories for the stations’ internet website.
- Building and/or ordering graphics for stories (video monitors, mug shot graphics, full screens, etc.)
- Line-produce the newscast, monitoring the timing and pacing of the show, adding breaking news.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent.
- Two years’ experience producing newscasts.
- Exhibit strong broadcast writing and production skills.
- Exhibit sound news judgment and organizational skills.
- Strong aptitude for making decisions in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills in directing individuals in achieving operational and philosophical goals of the news department.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
#TBMBCompany InfoTribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.