As part of the FOX 4 News team the newscast producer collects and analyzes information about newsworthy events. The producer must be able to prepare those stories for presentation in a live newscast and on multiple station platforms including fox4kc.com and social media sites.Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of this job include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and execute live, compelling television newscasts.
- Understand and use creative production and graphic techniques for a great newscast.
- Select and creatively write news and other stories to assigned newscasts.
- Responsible for accuracy, balance and fairness of all stories written.
- Write clear, concise stories using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Ability to react to breaking news quickly and accurately.
- Must make appropriate ethical and legal decisions following journalistic guidelines.
- Ability to work autonomously and use individual judgment on stories, images, and video used in newscast
- Help develop story ideas
- Knowledge of current local, national and international events and issues
- Work effectively under multiple deadlines
- Work effectively with coworkers, including but not limited to news managers, reporters photojournalist, video editors directors, anchors, engineers and other producers
- Use computer software to write and edit stories. Use computer and internet to research stories.
- Post stories to station websites and social media sites
- Social media posting and e-blasts.
- Duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent degree in journalism or related field.
- Strong writing skills required.
- Journalism background and knowledge of AP style required.
- Strong graphics skills desired
- Strong computer skills desired
- Must be self-directing, self-motivating and able to work will with a diverse group of people.
- Must be able to handle stress, including short deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to speak clearly (with or without corrective devices).
- Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work assigned shifts which include overnights, nights and weekends
- Ability to do other tasks as assigned by news management.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.