WPMT-TV is looking for an Executive Producer who can develop, coordinate & organize local & network news coverage into a visual and fast paced daily newscast. This includes formatting newscasts, scripting stories, reviewing and approving reporter scripts, coordinating live coverage in addition to other duties. The applicant should be an experienced producer who is not afraid to take chances and be creative. Oversee producers working on various shows as they craft their newscasts.Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate & organize news coverage into daily newscast.
- Format newscasts and execute on-air production.
- Write news stories for newscasts.
- Review and approve production and writing of reporter stories.
- Coordinate and direct live field reports.
- Participate in long term planning for news coverage and special projects.
- Organize and write stories for the station’s internet website.
- Managing employees for various newscasts.
- Minimum of 2 years producing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or a related field required.
- Exhibit strong broadcast writing and production skills.
- Exhibit sound news judgment and organizational skills.
- Strong aptitude for making decisions in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills in directing individuals in achieving operational and philosophical goals of the news department.
- Should be well versed and have hands-on experience with social media sites and networks like Facebook and Twitter.
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment, and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting's 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago's WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% equity interest in TV Food Network and a 32% equity interest in CareerBuilder. For more information please visit http://www.tribunemedia.com.