Account Executive, Global Accounts
- Full Time
The Global Account Manager (GAM) is responsible for growing the contract revenue across an assigned set of customers that are among the most strategic and complex within the Dow Jones portfolio. The GAM will initiate sales activity with new buying centers either independently, or working with Sales Specialists while also having overall responsibility for the account relationship. An ability to develop strong business relationships including at the C suite level is crucial to the success of this role. The GAM is accountable for the development and implementation of sales strategies and best practices across the full suite of Dow Jones services to achieve revenue objectives and targets. This is a senior sales role and the individual has the responsibility to lead and direct sales strategies globally. Fundamental to the role is the capacity to both anticipate and bring analysis of market trends and decipher the impact for Dow Jones. The position is seen as an internal thought leader driving and influencing both short and long term strategies. In this vein, an ability to identify value and make connections through a client’s ecosystem with Dow Jones (ie not restricted to the Professional information Business suite) is important and will make the candidate most effective.
- DEVELOP NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES: Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address today’s and tomorrow’s business needs by completing market analysis and executing a plan to grow your territory by understanding the complete suite of Dow Jones products and successfully take them to market.
- RELATIONSHIPS: Build strong relationships with Senior Level customer contacts in order to retain the business and look for expansion opportunities.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: Responsible for all areas of account management, including the development of strategic account planning, understanding clients' businesses and resolving issues in a timely manner; understand competitor solutions the client is using and the clients' current and developing needs
- RETENTION: Working collaboratively with the newly created client advisor role, maintain Dow Jones contract revenue in the assigned set of customers and ensure the Dow Jones products and services address customers' business needs
- SALES REPORTING: Prepare accurate revenue forecasts each month for timely presentation to the Sales Director.
- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Organize and co-ordinate the efforts of internal resources necessary to achieve sales goals. These can include colleagues from Product, Marketing, Customer Service, and Editorial. The ability to lead a virtual team is critical to success
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of Dow Jones’ assets, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client
- MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION: Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system to provide timely management information.
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE: Stay informed of industry trends, competition and changing technology by utilizing Dow Jones tools and attending appropriate networking events.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience and in depth understanding of managing large global Financial accounts that require complex integrated solution strategies.
- Preferably 5 – 7 years of sales success within a B2B subscription environment within the publishing / data / business information industry.
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills to manage opportunities from the GAM’s set of customers to a successful conclusion
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers, to ensure resources are maximized for revenue- retaining activities with the client advisor(s) and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Ability to adapt a communication style depending on audience, while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation and critical thinking.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when working closely with people of diverse cultures or backgrounds.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently.
- Good level of business awareness to help build credibility with the client, spot potential opportunities within the market space, and express the benefits of Dow Jones in the appropriate business context
- Degree level education is desirable
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: REVENUE - CORP SALES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com