- Full Time
WMUR-TV has an opening for a part-time, self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a photographer with the ability to capture what’s happening in the field. This member of our team will spend several hours each day editing for newscasts and several hours each day out in the field shooting, editing, and executing live shots. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam and GoPros. Must be able to edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG and wireless newsgathering. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, ABC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must.
- Shoot and edit of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for on air and online
- Work with the assignment desk and reporters to cover daily stories.
- Gather video and still pictures for digital platforms
- Work with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered
- Work with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with video and sound
- Communicate and coordinate incoming video elements from crews in the field
- Work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
- Must have computer and software experience
- Previous newsroom experience preferred
- Related military experience will be considered
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
- Can work in all weather conditions
- Can operate large vehicles
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a near-perfect driving record
- Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
- Can organize and prioritize
- Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn’t wait to be told what to do
- Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
- Must be available to work various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.