As part of the School of Medicine’s Office of Communications, we partner with our community of doctors, researchers and educators to publish fun, engaging and informative health-related articles, videos and infographics on our patient-facing (and friendly) website and multiple dedicated social media channels. Our goal is to increase the reputation and awareness of Yale School of Medicine among the general public, patients, peer institutions, and the media. Our content highlights Yale Medicine’s core values, each of which exemplifies our doctors’ approach to patient care: Passionate, Collaborative, Human, Innovative and Inquisitive. The site is yalemedicine.org.
With SEO and accessibility best practice in mind, we’re looking to hire a part-time freelancer to tweak Yale Medicine’s existing content (with direction/oversight from our editorial board). We’re looking for someone who would be interested in working with us over the summer (or perhaps a little longer). We’d like an experienced writer/editor, preferably in the health and medicine field (but interest alone would suffice), who would work here, part-time, in our office.
- Revise existing copy to reflect SEO best practice (e.g., targeted keywords) and accessibility (e.g., hyperlink entire sentences), following directives from Yale Medicine editors.
- Create and maintain a database of articles for which SEO and accessibility best practice have been completed.
- Work closely with editors to make additional tweaks, as necessary.
- Experienced writer/editor, preferably in health and medicine field (but interest alone would suffice)
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work out of the communications office in New Haven, Connecticut
- Possess a positive, go-with-the-flow attitude
- A good sense of humor