Director, Visa Online Publishing
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are looking for an experienced, customer-focused managing editor to lead a small editorial and web publishing team for Visa’s primary B2B client extranet, Visa Online. This function resides in Visa’s client support organization and provides overall editorial support and online content management for the channel.
This is a working manager role. The right candidate will be effective in managing his or her own editorial projects as well as act as the primary managing editor/publisher of the function. He or she will assist in developing an overall online content strategy that ensures alignment with business and regional strategies across the company – and then translating that into a winning team strategy.
We are looking for a creative, flexible and solution-oriented candidate with a passion for developing and delivering engaging online content. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a dynamic, cross-functional environment and be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. This is a global position, based in Foster City, California, and will require cross-functional and cross-regional communication across multiple time zones. Some flexible work scheduling (early or late) may be necessary periodically for scheduled regional conference calls.
- Collaborate with the division’s Business Operations team to ensure smooth operation and best-in-class customer experience, evaluating and addressing all platform requirements as needed.
- Provide recommendations on complex problems keeping a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions, including issues/problems resolution.
- Initiate, drive and champion the necessary process changes for successful implementation and an integrated online publishing process.
- Evaluate, develop, and coach staff and build an effective, responsive and high impact department, to optimize team and individual performance and engage and retain talent.
- Work with department management and business units across the enterprise to develop and implement a cohesive online content strategy that aligns with business and regional strategies and needs.
- Develop and deliver on a team strategy, combining quantitative and qualitative analysis that supports the overall online content strategy.
- Balance business needs, content strategy, analytics, and channel knowledge to drive optimum online usage.
- Provide guidance to Sr. Editors and Content Publishers in the day-to-day management of the channel.
- Manage all function processes, schedules and calendars; identify and resolve gaps in the support structure and improve workflow processes to optimize team process efficiency.
- Perform comprehensive editing for grammar, usage, consistency, accuracy and style of Visa's business online channel in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Digital Publishing or related field.
- 8-10 years of increased responsibility in managing an editorial function in an online publishing channel, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Proven ability to drive results and influence diverse stakeholders and teams.
- Experience as liaison between business and technology aligning systems strategy and development plans with business objectives.
- Creative problem-solver with a proven track record in online content development and delivery.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a strong team of online publishing experts and lead strategy discussions across cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver winning team strategies.
- International experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.