Palgrave Macmillan specialises in cutting-edge academic books in the Humanities and Social Sciences. It publishes monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business.
Editorial Assistant, Education
Palgrave Macmillan is a global cross-market publisher specializing in cutting-edge academic books. We publish monographs, journals, textbooks, professional and reference works, in print and online. In subjects ranging from Political Science, Economics and History, to Literature, Linguistics and Business, the list contains original works by many of the foremost scholars, writers and editors in the world, including policy makers, Nobel laureates, and internationally recognized experts.
We are looking for a motivated Editorial Assistant to provide valuable support to the Editor for Education, as well as building good working relationships with authors and effectively dealing with day-to-day administration.
- Managing editorial processes and the peer review process for new proposals
- Preparing final typescripts for handover to production
- Writing and editing cover copy and blurbs
- Liaising with authors and colleagues in sales, marketing, production and editorial
- Checking any required rights, forms, and permissions for third party content
- Following up with authors for revisions and final manuscripts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize in a high-volume environment, meet deadlines and work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate good publishing business awareness and the ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Keen proofreading skills and sharp eye for detail
- Be resourceful and proactive in dealing with problems and queries
- This is an ideal first role for someone wanting to establish a career in scholarly publishing.
Educational Background Required:
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.