Director, Experiential Partnerships, 23 Stories
- Full Time
The Director is the first line of contact between our experiential clients (brands and/or agencies) and our Condé Nast tentpoles. You will be responsible for driving sponsorship revenue for the tentpoles that the agency is overseeing, as well as other notable CN tentpole events.
Tentpole events are defined as having multiple sponsors, consumer revenue and are an essential part of the brand's DNA. Examples include: Glamour Women of the Year and The New Yorker Festival, as well as new tentpoles such as The Teen Vogue Summit and WIRED25.
You will identify, develop, and maintain relationships with key sponsorship/event/marketing decision-makers throughout your assigned business verticals. (Ideally looking for a candidate with background in CPG and Pharma, but open to other categories.) You’ll work with teams overseeing Condé Nast’s diverse portfolio of existing events to drive non-media sponsorship revenue, from previously untapped budgets for the company. Knowing that there are long-standing, large-scale media buys in place — a large part of this position is navigating internal conversations and ensuring key CN business leaders are in the loop.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other divisions of 23X Tentpole team (editorial programming, production, marketing/PR, ticket sales/consumer revenue) to create compelling programs for sponsors
- Collaborate with other sales and marketing representatives across Condé Nast ensuring key CN business leaders are aware of all conversations; Attend business leaders' weekly meetings
- Tap into vast network of existing client/agency relationships in experiential and PR, while networking to develop new relationships
- Represent 23X in designated territory and verticals/making noise in the marketplace
- Once sponsor relationship established, be well-versed in all disciplines across agency and able to elevate opportunities to strategy/account team to grow business into additional client solution.
- 7+ years of experience of sponsorship/event sales experience
- Ability to manage and grow existing clients while continuing to drive new business
- MUST be a CLOSER!
- Strong drive to exceed targets, have a relentlessly positive attitude, and incredible work ethic
What else we look for
Our ideal candidate is someone that can partner well with internal teams to deliver the highest quality to our clients — detail oriented, great communication skills, roll up your sleeves type attitude.
About Condé Nast:
Condé Nast is a premier media company renowned for producing the highest quality content for the world's most influential audiences. Attracting more than 100 million consumers across its industry-leading print, digital and video brands, the company’s portfolio includes some of the most iconic titles in media: Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Brides, Self, GQ, GQ Style, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler, Allure, Architectural Digest, Bon Appétit, Epicurious, Wired, W, Golf Digest, Golf World, Teen Vogue, Ars Technica, The Scene, Pitchfork and Backchannel. The company’s newest division, Condé Nast Entertainment, was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.
For more information, please visit condenast.com and follow @CondeNast and @CondeNastCareer for Twitter and @condenastcareers for Instagram