Associate Producer, The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell
Location: New York, New York
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Notify control room/ line producer of images coming in for Breaking NewsStraight cut video and work with editors when neededAvailable to assist producers with interplay/desktop editing Help coordinate media coverage during breaking news Ensure video producers are aware of video restrictions and contracted media is purged once it has lapsed
Weeknights on MSNBC, Lawrence O’Donnell brings a unique mix of knowledge about politics and the entertainment industry to “The Last Word.” The hour-long program, produced out of 30 Rock in New York City, provides analysis of the top political developments in the news and the most talked about stories of the day.
Join the Last Word team as an Associate Producer, assisting segment producers with locating, viewing, and editing videotape for broadcast. The AP needs to be up-to-date on show rundowns to ensure that all video footage is in place and is current. Must be able to quickly turnaround video while on air and during breaking news situations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
• At least 2 years’ experience in news production.
• At least 2 years of tape, field and editing experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicarerers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends), ability to work under tight deadlines, ability to work under pressure, and during breaking news.
• Excellent news judgment.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Candidate must possess strong editorial skills: Knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, and history.
• Up to date on periodicals, including OP-Eds.
• Ability to book guests. Ability to work in tandem with Producers, Correspondents and Anchors.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.