Award-Winning PR Agency Seeking Stellar Public Relations Senior Account Executive
- Full Time
This position will act as day-to-day point person across multiple client accounts, while also managing junior staff on the account team. The ideal candidate will have worked within the agency setting, has a proven track record of securing top tier national and regional media coverage, and can manage multiple accounts.
- Manage multiple projects from conception to completion.
- Work with Account Supervisor and Director to manage team workflow and take ownership of account work while driving consistent media results; anticipating challenges, ensuring deadline and adhering to budgets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with influential members of the media in order to ensure placements.
- Secure top tier national and regional media coverage within traditional and online media.
- Attend and facilitate media interviews/editor desk side appointments; network with reporters and editors.
- Contribute to creation of communications and media plans that meet client objectives.
- Create and develop proactive pitch ideas for clients based on their industry, current trends and various announcements.
- Conduct daily client interaction to update, report on and discuss media relations.
- Aid in new business process including idea contribution, research and proposal preparation.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop strategic/creative thinking for clients.
- Motivate, coach and mentor junior staff by providing support and thoughtful feedback.
- Commit to continuous learning; set and pursue stretch goals.
- B.S/B.A in Public Relations or related field
- At least 3 to 4 years of PR agency, in-house or media/editorial experience
- Ability to think critically and to provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Mastery of PR databases/tools – e.g. Cision, PR Newswire, etc.
- Flexible, driven, creative and passionate about the communications industry
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Sharp Communications is an award-winning PR, Advertising and Social Media agency. We specialize in helping best-in-class brands reach influential audiences. Offering a diverse roster of talent with highly motivated team members, Sharp not only drives its clients further, but also pushes the agency forward on the trajectory of success. Learn more about us here: http://www.sharpthink.com/