Audience development director
GoodCompanies is seeking a dynamic and innovative audience development expert to join a growing non-profit digital resource for the modern conscious consumer. Dedicated to shifting consumer behavior toward brands and products that not only are good, but do good, GoodCompanies has developed a global, curated guide to brands that are “more-than-profit” and is publishing stories behind the brands, products, founders, visions and projects that inspire the reader to themselves create change in various ways.
Working directly with the founder, the role will span a wide breadth of responsibility, from participating in strategy development, translating site content for social, growing audience traffic and engagement, developing a community of consumers from which we can draw insight to improve our product offering to executional ‘roll up your sleeves’ work that is part and parcel of start-up realities. GoodCompanies is moving quickly, has big plans for the future, and is searching for someone who will wear as many hats as needed to achieve our goals and get the job done.
The major responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct and execute audience development , content distribution and traffic building initiatives and tactics, both paid and unpaid: search, social media, email database and outreach, strategic and content partnerships, contests, events and other methods
- Write headline and copy for social media as well as source arresting visuals
- Develop a strong community of loyal advocates for GoodCompanies
- Define KPIs and develop clear and actionable insights from data/metrics
- Ensure consistency in tone and brand voice across social platforms while adapting content to best approach each platform
- Test and learn to optimize efforts on the site and across content distribution channels using metrics to guide action
- Develop a culture and process for both joyful creation and agile optimization through a process of ideation, creation, testing, measurement and improvement.
- Audience development background with social media content creation and distribution expertise
- Strong relationship with data, know the value of reporting, and are adept at recognizing trends and opportunities
- CRM experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Creative sensibility
- Deep knowledge of current trends and best practices in audience development
- Ability to communicate clearly, encourage and participate in ideation
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, self- sufficient, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Proven ability to lead meetings that drive to conclusion and next steps.
- No hesitation in rolling up your sleeves and tackling something yourself