5 days left
- Full Time
W. W. Norton is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join its IT department. This position will use business and technology knowledge to serve as a liaison between departmental stakeholders and IT in order to determine correct course of action to achieve desired results. This individual will collaborate with business and technical resources to determine needs and develop technical requirements for system development. In addition, he or she will assist stakeholders in the analysis of a proposed idea and performs the review, determines the systems potential, conducts documentation, testing and follow through.
This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and is based out of our New York office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Gather, analyze, and define stakeholder requirements for internal business systems.
- Communicate with and train stakeholders to ensure successful adoption of the defined solution.
- Negotiate, facilitate, and communicate expectations between the business stakeholders and the development community.
- Oversee implementation, coordinate tests and observe initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Maintain system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those must base their work on the requirements.
- Perform system analysis for enhancements and modifications to application and database systems.
- Lead or participate in weekly and monthly review meetings with external vendors, business stakeholders and internal IT staff.
- Perform project management tasks as required.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Experience or knowledge with agile development methodology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized with strong multitasking and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with cross- functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or similar.
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s NYC headquarters.
W. W. Norton & Company has been publishing good books since 1923. As an independent company owned wholly by its employees, we are unique among publishers and offer a different kind of company culture. As employee owners, we all work hard to achieve a common goal: to produce the best books and media possible--valuing the content above all--at ethical prices. In our 93-year history, Norton has published the work of Nobel laureates, master teachers, and Pulitzer Prize winners. We have produced books that are warmly received and books that stir up controversy. But one thing never changes—our commitment to remain a strong, independent house that seeks out the best authors and scholarship to challenge, engage, and educate students and the public.
W. W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.