- Full Time
Publishing Editor - WSJ Print Desk
The Wall Street Journal is seeking an editor to compile and write the daily What's News column on the WSJ print front page. An ability to see and understand the contents of the entire paper, keep up with rapid changes, and write clear, compelling column items on a tight deadline is a must, along with a commitment to 100% accuracy.
The successful candidate must have strong news judgment. A deep interest in all areas of news, in particular finance, business and technology, is desired. The ability to work independently as well as on a team and collaborate with editors on deadline is essential.
Experience in print journalism and publishing is preferred. This job includes evening work hours.
- Exercises strong news judgment in editing and print publishing.
- Possesses an ability to write tightly without sacrificing facts or style.
- Familiarity with print publishing standards and reader expectations.
- Accomplished in grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, and balance.
- Proficient in basic numeracy and able to draw on a variety of general knowledge.
- Committed to Dow Jones standards and ethics in own work.
- Understands WSJ’s brand, content and various digital and print platforms.
- Recognizes the core audiences for WSJ, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
Print media skills
- Understanding of the print process, from page plans to presses.
- Command of newsroom editorial tools, especially Methode
- Takes pride in and ownership of his or her own work.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Meets deadlines.
- Understands workflow beyond his or her own needs.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Functions well within a team.
- Wants to learn new skills.
Union - Yes
OT - No
Reports to the Print Editor.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Req ID: 11942