The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is seeking an Outreach Specialist to help in supporting the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). This individual will work closely with AAMC staff and will have considerable contact with AAMC constituents, pre-health advisors and faculty, and students. He/she will speak on behalf of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) about AMCAS and related pre-med services during local/regional/national workshops, meetings and conferences. He/she will be primarily responsible for event management, implementation of various projects, and communications to constituents.
Project Management and Implementation
- Manage AAMC social media accounts for AMCAS, the Fee Assistance Program and to some extent, Pre-Med Services. Create content, respond to inquiries, and report on activities.
- Manage and implement activities related to distribution of communications for outreach campaigns, including email marketing, social media, mailings, advertising, etc.
- Manage, maintain, and update content on the AMCAS and FAP-related content for AAMC Student Hub, coordinating with communications as needed, conduct content review process with the AMCAS team, along with plans for updates/changes.
- Develop and deliver live and recorded presentations at conferences, webinars, and on the website for students and pre-health advisors.
- Manage and update social media activities/communications and report social media analytics monthly. Make adjustments and recommendations in reports.
- Generate the Event Expense Report and Executive Summary Reports on the SharePoint Event Engagement Scheduling System.
- Write, edit, maintain and update online help text, printed literature materials, giveaways, and instructions manuals for AMCAS and Fee Assistance Program services based on the needs of applicants and advisors.
- Support meetings and events sponsored by AMCAS and Integrated Services
- Coordinate the creation of outreach brochures, ads, and other materials with AAMC Marketing, EComm, Creative Services, and outside vendors.
- Serve as a content expert for AMCAS and the Fee Assistance Program, and be able to also represent all AAMC Pre-Med Services.
- Collaborate on inter-departmental activities and efforts to further the Integrated Services mission with all AAMC pre-med services.
- Lead or assist with other projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with supervisor to identify areas for new content development and where to archive old content based on web analytics, SalesForce reports, and social media analytics.
Outreach and Event Management
- AAMC Pre-Med Event Calendar website, housed on the Student Hub.
- AAMC Pre-Med Event Requests from the external groups, including student organizations and pre-health advisors, and route as necessary.
- SharePoint Event Engagement Scheduling System, for use by all AAMC Pre-Med Services.
- Inventory and collection of all pre-med collateral and materials to ensure event coverage.
- Manage the staffing schedule and logistics for AAMC pre-med events.
- Produce and review event ROI documents monthly, and as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Track and report event expenditures (i.e. for shipping and event registration), and provide information to the Director of Business Integration and Director of Pre-Med Outreach to direct budgeting for the following fiscal year.
- Facilitate the collection and shipment of materials to pre-med events nationwide that AAMC Pre-Med team attends.
- Serve as key contact for non-AAMC event organizers.
- Create, edit, and finalize PowerPoint and Prezi presentations.
- Collaborate with other groups within AAMC working on outreach for other pre-med focused events that may take place.
- Communications to Constituents
- Manage engagement with the pre-health advisory community via written correspondence, telephone, listservs, national meetings, and web casts.
- Respond to pre-med student and advisor inquiries via social media channels.
- Deliver live presentations to students and advisors.
- Route email and phone requests internally to ensure timely response to constituent questions, composing and sending responses.
- Manage non-human email account related to AMCAS.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a focus in communications, public relations, business or marketing preferred.
- Experience communicating and engaging with a diverse pool of constituents and students preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in:
- communications (PR, marketing, etc.), preferably in a non-profit setting (i.e. academic environment, government or professional association)
- developing, contributing to the planning, and implementing engagement, outreach, marketing or communication strategies through multiple platforms (e.g. publications, web sites, social media, presentations, meetings, and webinars)