MARKETING / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SWA / Balsley is seeking a full-time marketing / business development manager for our New York studio of landscape architecture, planning and urban design. Support a team of talented place-makers in producing high-quality proposals, statements of qualifications, and presentations as well as identifying leads.
You will work directly with principals, project managers, and technical staff as well as with the office manager/marketing assistant. Daily activities include reviewing lead opportunities, writing and compiling proposal or credential material and some data management. Duties also include identifying and interacting with prospective clients and representing the studio at market-facing events. The position requires an energetic self-starter who is detail-oriented, proactive, and a collaborative problem-solver. Excellent communication and time management skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two to five years of professional marketing experience in the architectural/engineering/construction industry.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, English, design, or business, or a related combination of education and experience. Knowledge of landscape architecture, architecture, or design is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but function as part of an integrated team.
- Ability to produce high-quality documents under deadline pressure.
- Effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign.
- Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to adapt to fluctuating priorities and manage multiple deadlines.