Senior Social Media Manager
Choose Yourself Financial, a division of Agora Financial, is seeking a creative, forward-thinking, and organized social media specialist to manage the strategy, execution, and growth of their social media campaigns.
The Choose Yourself marketing team is a great place to take the next step in your career. They are a motivated, results-driven bunch who wake up every morning hungry to find ways to improve their marketing and make an impact on the business.
This position is not for everybody, if your goal is to simply ‘punch the clock’ please do not apply for this role. If the thought of driving real, measurable results does not get you excited, please do not apply for this job. If you want to watch YouTube videos or chat with your friends on Facebook while at work, please do not apply for this job.
If you are up for a challenge; however, are a hard worker, and enjoy a dynamic, fast-paced environment, this job may be for you.
Candidates must be creative, organized, driven, and eager to learn and make an impact on the business. They should also demonstrate a high level of organization, a willingness to constantly learn, and collaborate with co-workers.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in taking the next step in their career. The sky's the limit for the right person as a marketer in their organization. You just need to be willing to show you will work for it…
In this position, you will be the owner of social media management responsibilities across all social media properties. This includes major social networks Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others.
The Senior Social Media Manager has 3 primary responsibilities:
- Manage their ongoing social media presence by generating and posting relevant, creative, engaging content for their followers.
- Grow their social media audience on each platform and leverage google analytics tracking and reporting to measure results.
- Monetize their social media presence by converting followers into email list subscribers.
This is a senior position, and you will be held accountable for managing, growing, tracking, and monetizing their entire social media program. Furthermore, you will be expected to communicate strategy, progress, and results to senior stakeholders across the organization.
You will have direct access to their design and editorial teams to help create the best content for each medium.
Ultimately, it will be your responsibility to manage, grow, & monetize their social media presence across all their active platforms.
- Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles.
- Build an ongoing social media strategy, marketing plan, and social media calendar.
- Write, develop and manage their social media production and posting plan.
- Manage Facebook groups.
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, and video).
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging.
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies.
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications.
- Work with marketing, production, editorial, and copy teams to manage company reputation, and coordinate promotions.
- Own ongoing strategy and execution for growing followership on each platform.
- Grow Facebook group membership and engagement.
- Develop and implement creative growth strategies (giveaways, engagement campaigns, video content, cross-channel promotion, etc.)
- Determine which platforms they should (or should not) be active on, and how many resources to allocate to each to maximize growth.
- Implement tagging/tracking systems to accurately track all social media campaigns in Google Analytics.
- Own reporting and tracking of all social media growth and success. Communicate this information to Marketing Director and other senior stakeholders.
- Develop channel specific strategies for driving social media traffic to their website, to convert them into email subscribers.
- Own reporting and tracking of conversion rates for each network and campaign over time.
- Understand customer LTV per channel, and use that information to inform their strategy and investment in each channel.
- Communicate overall success of social media to senior stakeholders using monetization as the key metric.
- Stay abreast of ongoing marketing activities, and leverage them to monetize social media followers when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience managing social media campaigns and strategy.
- Strong familiarity with the primary social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics and website analytics metrics
- Strong understanding of social media metrics; ability to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns.
- Strong understand of web conversion metrics, and an understanding on how to track and measure users taking targeted action on web properties.
- Strong content creation skills. Comfortable independently creating social media post content.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If intereted, please submit a resume and cover letter to the link provided.
About Laissez Faire and Agora Financial
Laissez Faire is a division of Agora Financial. They provide independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.