Part-Time Editorial Assistant
- Part Time
The Creative Services department of Philadelphia magazine is looking for a part-time editorial assistant to work with our team on print and digital products. We produce a series of magazines for clients including the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board and the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau as well as sponsor content for Philadelphia magazine and phillymag.com. The assistant will gain hands-on experience working in all facets of custom content.
- Fact checking and copyediting stories
- Assisting the editorial team with research and interviews
- Writing print and digital sponsor content
- Managing invoices
- Working in the office 29 hours a week (schedule is flexible)
Desired skills and experience
- Internship or one year of experience at a website, magazine or newspaper
- An interest in writing and magazine publishing
- Strong attention to detail and copyediting skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Experience fact checking for a publication or website
- Self-starter and deadline-oriented
Metro Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.