POSITION OBJECTIVE: Advance the reputation and programs of the Society to external audiences to enhance understanding of how PRSA can assist professionals throughout all stages of their careers. Implement key communication initiatives with emphasis on member engagement.
- Generate ideas, engage with members on social media and execute campaigns to meet the business goals of the Society, inform members and promote initiatives.
- Oversee the content and relationship for SmartBrief.
- Develop story ideas, work with staff and volunteers to populate the content, write original profiles as needed and report on the effectiveness of the Spotlight section of Content Connection.
- Upload information to the PRSA Membership App and generate new ideas to ensure that the membership App, stay fresh and innovative.
- Work with the CCO to pull together reports that evaluate ROI on campaigns and offer thoughts on how to maximize effectiveness of the Society’s earned, owned and paid media programs.
- Source photos and create PowerPoint presentations for meetings and other presentations as requested.
- Schedule focus groups, guests for podcasts, committee meetings and write recap reports that highlight what has happened and next steps.
- Coordinate video shots or other activities as requested.
- Conduct research to assist in developing the key messaging for communications initiatives.
- Serve as traffic coordinator for weekly, monthly and quarterly tactical plans.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, public relations, marketing or similar field.
3-5 years work experience in the communications or marketing area. Masters Degree can count towards experience.
The incumbent must have Excellent writing skills with a focus on news releases, social media and web copy.
Must have knowledge of public relations research software (Bacon’s Media Source, Business Wire, PR Newswire, etc.).
The incumbent must be literate in:
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Google Analytics
- Microsoft office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Strong interpersonal skills
Some travel necessary, approximately 5%.
Apply for Communications Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly