Director of Audience Development
- Full Time
Director of Audience Development
New York, NY
InsideHook is looking for a Director of Audience Development to join our rapidly growing team. This is a salaried, full-time position with excellent benefits, and the ideal candidate will pitch and execute ideas that strategically challenge the status quo. In other words, you should know the rules — and also know how to break them.
What We Do and Who We Are:
InsideHook is the essential lifestyle guide for adventurous and discerning men: guys 35-50 who have limited time, great taste and a thirst for experiences. Our readers are decision-makers and trendsetters who drive the aspirations of the demographic; they are influencers in the original sense of the word. InsideHook is the definitive authority on everything this successful man needs to know right now about food and drink, travel, style, health, tech, culture, and outdoor adventures.
InsideHook is seeking a Director of Audience Development to lead audience and traffic growth across email, web, and social media. This is a key strategic role that focuses on identifying and seizing opportunities for growth in audience and engagement across multiple owned-and-operated and distributed platforms. This individual will be a vital member of InsideHook’s leadership team, responsible for increasing consumption of our content, and helping to shape the company’s distribution and product strategies.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and dynamic, with a strong analytical background and a track record of driving results. S/he must be a data-driven acquirer of audience through organic, earned, and paid channels. The position involves taking on a variety of traditional (syndication, partnerships, programming calendar optimizations, SEO, paid optimization) and non-traditional growth-marketing tactics (custom tools, pioneering new social platforms) in the name of quickly scaling a lifestyle brand designed for busy, successful men. A love for quality content is a must.
While a working knowledge of conventional marketing and audience-development tactics are essential, you should also have a healthy appreciation for the phrase “it’s so crazy it just might work.”
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and options package commensurate with experience, plus health benefits and paid-time off. The Director of Audience Development reports directly to the company president.
- Oversee the marketing department as part of the company’s core leadership; develop, manage, and mentor and the marketing team
- Own departmental KPI, metrics, and models for growth
- Develop and execute website acquisition growth strategies via syndication partnerships, social, search, partnerships, and content marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with the Director of Partnerships on email subscriber acquisition programs (paid and organic) to drive the growth and engagement of six InsideHook email editions
- Scale growth across all social platforms in conjunction with the Social Media Lead, with a focus on strategy to increase our audience of engaged followers
- Partner with the Editor in Chief on content-focused acquisition and engagement strategies on all owned-and-operation platforms
- Manage budget, placement and analysis of all paid channels for acquisition and audience development campaigns, including CPA, CPC, and CPM buying methods
- Oversee collection of audience data through the selection and design of analytics tools in conjunction with the Product team
- Identify trends and deliver real-time, actionable insights to drive user acquisition, engagement, and long-term retention
- Distill audience insights in partnership with the Sales team, to be used internally for strategic planning, and externally in client-facing presentations
- 5+ years of experience in audience development at a digital publishing company
- Well-versed in the art and science of web and mobile audience development, email marketing, direct marketing, including campaign development and performance analyses
- Demonstrated track record of developing digital-marketing programs that drive audience growth
- Strong understanding of how to interpret paid media performance, subscriber retention, lifetime value, content value and remarketing efforts
- Strong leadership skills and the proven ability to inspire and manage a team
- Proven ability as a self-starter who can develop and lead impactful projects
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, balance priorities, and work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including extremely strong written and verbal communication skill; experience building client-facing presentations in Pages, Keynote or the like
- Fluency in Google Analytics and similar reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Applicant should live in or around New York City
Please send resume and cover letter. No staffing agencies or consulting firms, please. InsideHook is an Equal Opportunity Employer.