Sports Anchor / Multimedia Journalist
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
• This person will be responsible for covering live sporting events of all local, professional and sports teams or related local sports stories.
• Candidate is responsible for producing, writing, shooting and editing his own stories and segments.
• This person will be responsible for keeping up to date on current events in the world of sports.
• The Sports Anchor/MMJ will also be expected to participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the Station.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television.
• Knowledge of major sports in the United States and Mexico are a must.
• The ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on air situations.
• Work well under pressure with an ability to meet deadlines
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal. A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
• Work effectively with others in a team oriented environment.
• Degree in Journalism is desired.
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights and weekends as required.
• Shoot & edit videos for news broadcasts.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts.
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Excellent Spanish, reading, writing and speaking.
• Strong English, reading, writing and speaking.
• Be able to work under pressure of intense deadlines.
• Work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Excellent driving record.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Telemundo Station Group, part of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations division of NBCUniversal, is comprised of 26 local television stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Producing and broadcasting more than 15,000 hours of unique and relevant local content each year, including award-winning news, public affairs, and entertainment programming, Telemundo Station Group serves the largest Hispanic television markets in the country including Los Angeles, New York, Miami-Fort Lauderdale, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, San Antonio, San Francisco Bay Area, Phoenix, Harlingen, Orlando, Fresno, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., San Diego, Tampa, Denver, El Paso, Boston, Las Vegas, Tucson, Hartford, Fort Myers, Springfield, Richmond and Puerto Rico. In addition, Telemundo Station Group operates TeleXitos, a national multicast network that offers viewers popular action and adventure television series and feature films in Spanish. The group also provides support to 50 Telemundo affiliates across the country and manages dedicated local websites and applications, as well as a robust digital out-of-home operation.