Consumer Marketing Manager
- Full Time
The Nation, the subscription-driven magazine and progressive digital media company, is seeking an experienced, energetic and flexible consumer marketing manager to handle all facets of marketing its print magazine and digital products. Candidates should have 5 or more years of relevant, consumer-facing digital and print marketing experience, and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Experience in customer journeys a plus.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, personable, and creative thinker with a proven track record in audience development. A demonstrated interest in progressive politics and culture helpful. We seek an accomplished marketer able to connect our mission with a passionate audience to build a subscriber base truly committed to public-minded, independent journalism.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand the media market and business context, synthesize all relevant information, and tell a compelling story that leads to actionable recommendations, and present findings to management. This position requires extensive consumer marketing experience and expert knowledge of existing research techniques and merging trends. Must have a demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of complex work effectively and efficiently while being detail-orientated.
- Management of subscription campaigns across all acquisition channels - digital, print and other media
- Creates and executes all new business acquisition direct mail
- Creates and maintains best-practices in subscription marketing and digital user experience
- Manages paid social media ad campaigns and creates regular reports for analysis
- Works with Associate Publisher to create compelling marketing materials as needed for all Nation subscribers on every platform
- Oversees relationships with digital vendors to ensure a good user experience
- Manages all website promotions and on-site customer experience
- Creates and maintains monthly reports as related to audience development initiatives. Offers analytical insight
- Conducts quality assurance checks to ensure that campaigns meet expectations
- Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement by mapping and analyzing the customer journey
- Other related duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate
- Requires impeccable verbal and written communication skills with clear, correct grammar
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize
- Highly detail-oriented, energetic, and organized
- Immersed in media and audience development community and on top of industry trends, challenges and opportunities
- Knowledge of and experience working with major fulfillment service bureaus
- Commitment to and passion for The Nation and for progressive politics is helpful
- 5+ years of successful audience development management, including print and online titles
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Solid understanding of marketing communications and new and emerging media platforms (i.e. mobile, digital, social media)
- Strategic thinker with superior analytical skills
- Experience making recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative research and marketing strategy
- Ability to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives
- Ability to drive sound and inspiring solutions and recommendations for the business
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Digital and technical savvy, including experience working on social media initiatives, along with traditional print marketing initiatives
- Fluency in Excel, Google and Facebook
The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send a résumé and cover letter. No phone calls, please.
This position is covered by the collective-bargaining agreement between The Nation and The NewsGuild of N.Y., CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO. This position is a 5-day per week, full time position with great benefits.