Freelance Content Marketing Strategist
Content Marketing Strategist
Freelance / Project Basis
Catbird is seeking a content marketing strategist to work alongside our marketing and creative leadership team in building out a new approach to owned content. The primary focus will be on creating an editorial content series aimed at consumer engagement and education around our product, process, and mission.
This is a project-based job with flexible on-site and remote hours. Interviewing for the position may include a writing test in addition to phone and in-person interviews.
Initial project will focus on strategizing an editorial calendar and accompanying content that will be distributed on a dedicated section of our e-commerce site.
- Create and manage a content calendar and deadlines, while also utilizing existing content assets.
- Analyze performance metrics of our owned content and use this data to inform future content creation.
- Implement best practices in both front-end content strategy and back-end strategy such as the use of rich metadata and CMS structure.
- Work closely with Catbird’s co-creative director on setting guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all brand content.
- Strategize on cross-promotional distribution of all owned content alongside our social and PR teams.
- Opportunity to delve deeper into blog development, case studies, survey result, and annual reports, in addition to pitching new content opportunities that will future-proof our content marketing.
- 4+ years of editorial or content production experience, luxury or fine jewelry focus a plus but not required.
- Advanced creative and technical writing skills with an ability to understand company’s voice and translate that into content aimed at increasing engagement.
- Strong research skills – can take the lead on conducting primary and secondary research on a range of topics.
- Analytical expertise - can site traffic, engagement, and other KPIs to drive our content decisions.
- Strong communication skills – is comfortable working closely with the Catbird team to build our content strategy while also guiding us through your expertise so that we can champion content across our brand.
Please send a resume and a cover letter, as well as a link to your portfolio/website. Please include the words "content marketing strategist" in your subject line.